LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining equations with 3D graph

Hi altenbach. Yep that's kinda what I have in mind but I need to be able to "predict" polynomial constants in the reflectivity range (ie you have it from 1-5 and say I want to find out about 2).

I'm still not too sure if I should use surface or parametric graph. I'm trying to understand how surface graph inputs work still (mainly the z matrix). :S
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 40
(1,920 Views)
Are your x and y scattered randomly or do they form some kind of regular grid ? Are they sorted in some way?

As Ben said, some real data would be useful 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 40
(1,915 Views)
Hi here's a sample that should give you an idea.

It's only 1 reflectivity, so just imagine you have 9 different sets.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 40
(1,912 Views)
Here's a better example.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 40
(1,908 Views)
Your attachment seems to be broken 😞

OK, the* .xls is good. I'll have to do some other stuff first, but that should be easy. I think I've done it before.

Message Edited by altenbach on 06-10-2005 02:26 PM

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 40
(1,908 Views)
Is there an ActiveX object for an Excel pivot table that could be used inside labview?? Setup a pivot table in excel where the page data selects the reflectivity.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 40
(1,896 Views)
Here is a link to Office XP web components activeX. I think what you would want to use is a pivot chart.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 40
(1,894 Views)
Sorry I forgot to mention. The user probably won't save data until the very last point. So I need to do everything inside Labivew (ie passing values by table & arrays).

Typical operation for a user:

1. Setup apparatus
2. Input variables and start Read Grid.vi
3. Read Grid.vi is finish
4. Analyze data #1 - find out polynomial constants for the 9 reflectivity backings used & save them in a txt file for later use.
5. Predict polynomial constant for a specific reflectivity value within the 2%-99% range (3D graph, still need to be implemented) & save them in a txt file for later use.
6. Save table values to a txt file.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 40
(1,892 Views)
Take a look at the 6.1 llb.

I took advantage of your data to play around with various 3-d plotting schemes.

The example builds on Chistians example but uses the data you provided.

I had to do a lot of guessing on how the data should look.

i think a 6th order mapping works out quit well.

Have fun,

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 40
(1,873 Views)
Sorry for the late reply. Thanx Ben for the file but I don't quite understand what you did. When I clicked on the file there are 6 different VI's. After playing around I think you use the 3dGraphTestMod.vi right?

The program is kinda what I want but for select reflectivity I need to be able to predict values. (Ie there are data for 2%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 99% but I want to be able to type say 35% and the program will find the polynomial constants for me).
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 40
(1,866 Views)