From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obstsacle Avoidance software

Hello there, i'm George, currently a Year 3 student. I have just receive my FYP which the title is Obstacle avoidance software for mobile robot, but what they give me for the hardware are just the NI myRio and Logitech c170 webcam. I was thinking wether i should put an accelerometer?

Currently i have done the webcam vision as shown below, but i'm stuck at here, as i do not know how to proceed on... i have done the research and google on this project, which the result are some robotice with kinetics, but the problem is i do not use kinectic, so i'm just wondering now, how am i suppose to start this thing.

I'm gonna tell you guys, that actually i'm a newbie to this Labview as this is the first time i'm using it. so looking forward to everyone reply. 

Here's the program for the webcam vision, there's mutiple processing.

Design.jpg

Here's the program for the webcam vision, there's mutiple processing.

Program.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,401 Views)

You're going to need to be a little more clear about what your assignment constraints and limitations are. They gave you a MyRIO and a camera, did they give you an actual robot to control? What's the MyRIO connected to? Are you supposed to go buy/make a robot to control with the MyRIO yourself? If this is the case, then there are probably some other projects out there that you can mimic for your needs.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 2 of 9
(4,350 Views)

If you are new to LabVIEW, check out the Learning Material shown in the box to the upper right of the Forum Window.  Spend a few hours with the Tutorial (would you tackle a C++ Robotics Project without cracking a book?).

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 9
(4,339 Views)

Thanks for the reply james. Nope they did not give me any robot because i'm suppose to just do the software out, and currently my myRio is connect to the comp.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,284 Views)

Thanks Bob, yup have done so, slight understanding to this program now, but still.. there's like no help for me in my project 😞

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,282 Views)

Having done a similar project during my time at university I can sympathise but as James.Morris has said there is a lot of different questions that need to be asked before any help can be given here.

• Are you going to build a robot to test this with?
  • Do you have any ideas what the obstacles are going to be?
  • Do you know the test environment?
  • Are you allowed to use other sensors or just the webcam?

Bascially think through the assignment and tell us what you think the important points are, tell us what you think the problems with this might be and then how you think you might go about solving them. We are here to help you

'avoid obstacles' (I couldn't resist, I'm sorry), rather then show you the way.

Message 6 of 9
(4,267 Views)

hello ogk.nz , appreciate your reply. For what i know i will not need to build a robot to test with, the obstacle would be bottle, and if there's other sensor that i should be using beside webcam, i think i can change it.

yea understand. i will edit it. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,253 Views)

What kind of bottle are you avoiding? If it is a clear glass or plastic one then things might get more complicated?

So for your avoidance what are you supposed to do if you detect an obstacle? Just put up an indicator showing that there has been an obstacle spotted?

Message 8 of 9
(4,218 Views)
Spoiler

What kind of bottle are you avoiding? If it is a clear glass or plastic one then things might get more complicated?

So for your avoidance what are you supposed to do if you detect an obstacle? Just put up an indicator showing that there has been an obstacle spotted?

Yes ogk.nz, i will be detecting a obstacle that is non transparent bottle, and also i just suppose to indicate there's has been a obstacle spotted and there should be a indicator showing that it will move away from the bottle. i have tried "Vision assistant" for detecing part, but it dosen't seem like is working like how i wanted. 

Anyway i have downloaded a example from labview i think it was good, just that i dosent know how to change the picture detection. 

1. Just to show you the design of the program example that i took it from Labview example.

Credits to the person who have done this.

Color  Tracking Design.jpg

2. As you can see i know where the changes should be made in order to change the pic, but it dosent seem to be working to me.

Credits to the person who have done this.

Color Tracking Program.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,200 Views)