LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object recognition

Hello to labview community.

This is my first post, im a university student and we have started some projects to learn LV. My teacher gave us some programms in paper and i can't understand some objects, can someone help me ??

What kind of object is this ??           whatisdis.jpg 

Is it Enum Constant ???

Regards, Kostas.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,780 Views)

@k.ifantidis wrote:

What kind of object is this ??           whatisdis.jpg 

Is it Enum Constant ???

Hi @k.ifantidis,

Yes, looks like an Enum Constant

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,775 Views)

i can't understand what is the black corner on the object. When i create a enum constant it doesn't have this. Does it matter ?? Sorry for being annoying with my questions but im tottaly new and helpless at the moment. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,763 Views)

The black corner means it is a type defined control.  This means that any changes you make to the type def. get reflected into all other instances or copies you've made of that enum type def. in your VI.  Try it, create an enum. constant and right click -> make type def.

Message 4 of 7
(2,752 Views)

To elaborate for a new LV programmer, the typdef is a very important concept.  You are essentially defining this enumerated type to carry throughout your code.  If you plan on using this type in more than one place (most likely the answer is yes) you will benifit by defining the type for reuse.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,741 Views)

These users are absolutely correct.  It is a Typedef.  You can read all about them here: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvconcepts/custom_cont_ind_type/#Type_Definitions...

From the article:

You can identify the instance of a type definition or strict type definition on the block diagram with a glyph marking the upper left corner of the instance . If you hover the cursor over the glyph, a tip strip displays the name of the type definition or strict type definition.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If someone helped you out, please select their post as the solution and/or give them Kudos!
Message 6 of 7
(2,731 Views)

Thank you guys for your valuable help !! 🙂 

Best regards, Kostas.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,727 Views)