cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSCILLOSCOPE PICTURE IN LABVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

HELLO ,

I am trying to make the acquisition and signal processing from an oscilloscope ,

and I 'd like to know if I could have the picture goes on the oscilloscope on labview
" without going through the function graph " the exact image on my oscillocope : see enclosed room.

TEK00001-ConvertImage.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,089 Views)

I believe some of the scopes have web interface, so you can get a picture in browser.

To put it into LV panel, you can use .Net or ActiveX container and Navigate2 address.

This works if webcam is not a solution 😃

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,079 Views)

There should be a Hardcopy command for the oscilloscope you can use to get the image and save it.  Here is an example of how I did it: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/Screen-capture-of-Tektronix-MSO4104B-using-La...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,067 Views)

hello

your solution is interesting , but being beginner somehow has access

all the functions included can you help me

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,030 Views)

First of all, how are you communicating with the oscilloscope?  What model is the oscilloscope (I can tell it is Tektronix at least)?  Are you using the LabVIEW drivers?

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,014 Views)

It looks like a Tek scope, so I think there's a button to save a screen shot; my guess is that function is duplicated programmatically.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,001 Views)

hello

I have a tektronix TDS 3052 and I manage to acquire on graphs
available on labview , but instead of the chart I would like the image of my oscilloscope

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,949 Views)

@allbig wrote:

hello

I have a tektronix TDS 3052 and I manage to acquire on graphs
available on labview , but instead of the chart I would like the image of my oscilloscope

Why don't you go look at the manual and see?  I'm pretty sure there's a command for that.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,945 Views)

Did you look at the VISA Commands I used in the thread I linked to?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,930 Views)

I stripped out some of my private stuff from the library I showed in the other thread.  I have not tested this exact code with the oscilloscope, so you may need to do some debugging.

GCentral
Message 10 of 12
(4,923 Views)