LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS and Network Services: (Hex 0x8ABC7021) Failed to load library. - Windows

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to use the HTTP pallette but I keep running into this error when calling the very first function to open the handle (Open Handle.vi)

Error -1967362015 occurred at LabVIEWHTTPClient.lvlib:OpenHandle.vi:6450001

Possible reason(s):

OS and Network Services: (Hex 0x8ABC7021) Failed to load library.

Complete call chain:
LabVIEWHTTPClient.lvlib:OpenHandle.vi:6450001
Untitled 1

I looked through several threads that have a similar issue, but they all show as a problem in a Unix environment. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,019 Views)

Hi Will,

I've looked through a few other cases where this error has come up, and a lot of them are with executables. Is this an executable? Also, which version of Windows and LabVIEW are you using?

Madison T
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,982 Views)

Hi Madison,

This is not with an executable, I can reproduce on my system by simply having one 'Open' block on my diagram.

I am using LabVIEW 2016 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit.

I've used these VIs before, I had LabVIEW 2010 - 2016 on my system, and I recently did a full NI uninstall and now I only have LabVIEW 2016 on my machine with a few toolkits.

Thanks,

Will

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,980 Views)

Have you been able to run any of the HTTP examples? Also, did you move any of your National Instruments folders after doing the uninstall/reinstall. It is possible that library has been moved. If this is the case, doing a repair on your LabVIEW 2016 would allow LabVIEW to reset the path where it looks for that library.

Madison T
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,947 Views)

I definitely have access to the dll, I can rename it and get a 'file not found' error instead of the previous one.

I also installed and tried with LabVIEW 2014 but I recieved the same error.

I think there is something strange with my installation now that I uninstalled and reinstalled. For example I don't have an uninstaller at all for the NI software. Both of my installations are not through the 'typical' installers, so maybe that is part of the issue. 

I will try to remove all NI software again and reinstall.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,934 Views)

It is possible that something is going wrong with the installation. However, do you get the same errors when trying to run any of the examples?

Another thing that may be happening is that your port is blocked (either in use for something else or by a Firewall). Note, the default one for the HTTP Client VIs is TCP 80. This document describes how to have everything configured.

Configuring Software and Hardware Firewalls to Support National Instruments Products

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/12402/en/

Madison T
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,920 Views)

I actually can't find the examples that have the HTTP VIs in them, when I look up 'HTTP' in the example broswer I only see one for web services which doesn't appear to use these VIs, and one for asyc calls.

But even with the most simple case (see below) the first VI throws an error.

httpVIs.png

I am also realizing that uninstalling is going to be troublsome without the uninstaller being on my system. Using the method proposed here there are way too many line items, and even if I do go line by line I am sure there will still be things on my system that remain (registry, other installs etc). Do you have any other ideas for how I can do a clean install?

I will see if the port is blocked.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,911 Views)

You should be able to just reinstall the software on top of the LabVIEW already on your computer, and the installer will also repair anything currently on the machine that is included in the installer. This would be the only other way to do this without the unstaller on your computer. Do you recall if there is anything, such as a toolkit, that you opted to not install with LabVIEW?

Madison T
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,903 Views)

Yeah I tried this route by reinstalling LabVIEW 2016, I also tried by installing LabVIEW 2014 and LabVIEW 2015, but all three of these still throw the same error. The NI Uninstaller also does not show up.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,896 Views)

Hi, I also have a same problem with you , and I guess it a Firewall made it .

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,844 Views)