LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC UA Connect

I am testing out OPC UA Client Server Architectures - the API is very simple and apparently pretty robust - but I have a problem with the connection time of the Client OPC NI OPC UA Client.lvlib:Connect.vi taking over 11 seconds to connect when the security type is set to anything other than None - and the certificates are created prior to connection.

Not actually connecting over to another PC - just using the same PC to connect.

I came upon this issue because I was tryng to use User Events to register for Tag Value Changes - but found I could not branch the User Event wire to subVIs and register for tags with the subscription VIs and have it work.  I had to have every VI open a separate client connection to get its own User Event and register that for value changes.

Is this connection time typical?

I kind of expected not to be able to branch the Client Value Change and use it in different subVIs with different subscriptions.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
Message 1 of 2
(2,799 Views)

Hi Ryan,

Unfortunately, an 8+ second delay is typical for the OPC UA Client to make a secure connection. The NI R&D Department is aware of this issue - you can track it with CAR #319005. Have a good day!

Regards, 

Kevin K.

Applications Engineer 

National Instruments 

http://www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,764 Views)