LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC Servers 2013 (in DSC module) install error1935

Hello!

I would like to install the NI OPC server via the Data Logging and Supervisory Control (DSC) module. All of the DSC module components has been installed successfully but the OPC server component fails and throws me an error before it rolls back.

Error 1935. Error has been occured during 'OpcRcw.Hda, Version='1.20.1.21", Culture="neutral", PublicKeyToken="9A40E993CBFACE53",ProcessorArchitecture="MSIL" ' installation.
Continue?
Yes or No

I'm using Labview 2013 32bit with Pro license on Win7 64bit system. I have previously checked the posts related to this issue but none of those solved my problem.

Not working for me:

- disable firewall/anti-virus etc.

- run as administrator

- use Microsoft registry key fix

- uninstall/reinstall DSC module

- I have .NET v4.5. framework

Could you help me to solve this installation issue?

Regards,
Bence

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,441 Views)

Hello Bence,

this error is a general Windows Installer issue, which according to numerous articles available on the web can be caused by corrupted .NET components, missing permissions, registry size limits amongst others. To pinpoint to root cause specific to your case please create a MAX report (please see the following guide) and attach it to your reply, that contains the installation logs.

Another thing that you have not tried yet is to repair or reinstall your .NET Framework installation. Please check if either one helps.

Regards,

Dániel Fülöp
Field Application Engineer (CLA, CTA)
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,405 Views)

Thank you for your advice.
I have already tried to both reinstall and repair the .NET component but the problem still exists.
I have attached the MAX report to this post.

Regards,
Bence

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,377 Views)

The reports contain occurences of a 1603 error. Further research into our database shows that a complete reinstallation of all NI software or the complete Windows system usually solves these problems, but before that I would like you to try something less radical.

There is a Fixit tool from Microsoft, that is known to help in some cases, please run it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall

Dániel Fülöp
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,354 Views)

Unfortunately, the MS Fix tool doesn't solve the installation problem.
I will try to change the .NET framework. Maybe, I need to use a different version of it.

Regards,
Bence

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,319 Views)

Hi Bence,

has installing a different version of the .NET Framework helped?

Regards,

Dániel Fülöp
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,230 Views)

Hi Dániel,

I have uninstalled .NET 4.5.2. framework and changed it back to 4.0 according to NI Installer recommendation, but it does not solve the problem.
Probably, I should reinstall the whole Win 7 os but recently it is not soluble. I will use the OPC server on an other PC but the origin of the problem is still a myth.

Regards,
Bence

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,218 Views)