Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC Server run only a few Variables - DSC

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

System: Win7, LabView2010 SP1, DSC

I have a SPS (Bachmann M1) connected to the PC over an OPC Server. In a LabView Project i read out 100 Variables. This Variables a shown on a HyperTrend an saved in an ASCII File. This works fine, the most time Smiley Indifferent

But after an restart from the SPS it only read out round about 25% of the Variables. In the OPC Controll Tool i can see that the OPC Server runs and all Variables are fine. I also check out in the NI-DSM. There i can see that the Value of the Variables are "NAN". After a restart of the Library Process it works fine till the next restart of the SPS.

I have this combination of Hard- and Software component (SPS - OPC - PC) running well on 10 other Test applications. Also after a restart of the SPS. I also run the same Software. I only change the Adress of the OPC Server and have to import the Vars. But the rest ist the same.

If anbody else have the same problem and maybe a solution for this problem?

thx Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,089 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author User4711

Hi Martin,

The LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control (DSC) Module provides OPC Client I/O servers for communicating with any server implementing the OPC Foundation OPC server interface, which is a Microsoft COM-based standard.

You must verify the DCOM configuration for a local OPC server before you connect an OPC Client I/O server to the OPC server. National Instruments recommends that you configure the OPC server to run with an identity of The interactive user.

Message 2 of 7
(4,064 Views)

Hi hsm78,

i compare the DCOM Config of my Computer (there it works) and from the Measurment System. Its looks like the same. I looked under "dcomcnfg.exe".( http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771387.aspx)

I also checkt the Firewall configuration.The Port from the OPC Server is open and i guess that it is not the OPC Server.

I woult say the problem is the client from LabView. I checkt out the Variables in the OPC Server. After a restart of the SPS the Vars in the OPC Config tool are complete and also shows the correct Values but in the Hyper Trend the Vars show the Value "NAN" or "#-1 ->  And now i starting to get nuts. I try to repeat the error because i want post the correct Value from the NI Client. But now it works.

I have no idea what i change. I only check the DCOM settings. Thats all. Maybe that i open the config of the DCOM OPC Server helps. I dont know.

But a big thanks to you Smiley Very Happy You save my day!

thx Martin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,056 Views)

🙂

you are welcome 🙂 , I wish you continued success

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,050 Views)

Hello, 

I have a Bachmann M1 PLC too, and I would like to connect it to Labview trough the OPC client.

The question is, which type of driver I have to select in the Labview configuration? ModBus TCP/IP client?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,456 Views)

Hello michigas,

thats easy 🙂

First you have to config your opc server from Bachmann. I hope you have install this part of the Bachmann Software. It under PC-Communications. With the "freeware" Version you can handle max. 5000 values (i guess).

After that, you can open LabView and in your Project you make a right click on -> My Computer -> New -> I/O Server -> OPC Client. If everthing works fine, a popup windows open and you can choose the machine. And there you musst have a BACHMANN.OPC.StandardServer.2. I have no idea why it is 2, but it doesnt matter. It works 🙂 Under Diagnostics you can "enable diagnostics". So you can see failures. Its helpfull if you debug your programm.

Now you have an Untield Lib. If you open the lib you can see the OPC1. Right click -> Create bounded Variables. After a little bit of clicking you should see your OPC Server from Bachmann. Than choose your variables you want to see in labview an your are finish.

I hope this answer helps you 🙂

grettings

Martin

Message 6 of 7
(3,435 Views)

Hello,

I am currently facing same Problem.I also Check with OPC UA Client Driver but when i Write some tags than in NI OPC Server or in KepServer Ex5.19 Bad Quality Reflected from Server & in LabVIEW also that tag value becomes Zero.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,781 Views)