LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC Client in Labview 2013

In Labview 2010 I was using an OPC client to access information from an OPC server connected to an AB PLC.  I recently installed Labview 2013 and now the OPC client doesn't work.  Any time I try to work with the OPC client a window comes up asking to load Labview Runtime 7.1.1.  Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,727 Views)

Here is the message window that comes up.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,724 Views)

Greetings Cycler

What version of NI OPC Server are you using? When you installed LabVIEW 2013, did you install the DSC module and a newer version of the NI OPC Server as well?

Also, have you tried installing the LabVIEW Run Time Engine 7.1.1 that the prompt ask of you? It is freely available in our website.

Let us know if that solve the problem, and if it doesn’t please reply back with the answers to those questions. Have a nice day.

Warm Regards, 

Luis J.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,673 Views)

Thanks for your response.  I'm creating an OPC client in Labview to talk to an OPC server made by Ingear.  That is the OPC server we use to talk to our AB PLCs.  DSC is installed on my system. 

One more piece of information is that I am creating shared variables to monitor the information from the OPC Client.  I deploy them and the window says it worked.  However, when I check them with the distributed systems manager they don't exist.

I tried installing Runtime 7.1.1 and it gave me an error of Installation aborted:  A higher version of this product is already installed.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,659 Views)

After writing my last reply I started investigating installing 7.1.1 and found the following link that describes 7.1.1 being corrupted:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/680E61A4D02158A186256F7A0073C228?OpenDocument

I did what it said and it worked.  Thanks for your help.  Just bouncing ideas off someone can get the brain churning.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,652 Views)