From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODBC connect problem with LV8 application and WinXP Embedded

Hi,

I have a LV applicatoin that retrieves data from an Oracle database, using the database connectivity toolkit.
The application runs fine on normal XP/2000, and also runs fine on XP Embedded, except that the database
interaction does not work.
I have made a simple debugging application to trace the problem, which runs fine, but the database operation
fails already on connect.  I use a system DSN defined in the ODBC Administrator, using Oracle ODBC Drivers.
Test of the connection to the datbase is successful when testing in the ODBC setup.
The error message I get, which gives me little help is as follows:

Error code: -2147467259

Error text:
DB Tools Open Connec (String).vi->DB Tools Open Connec (Path).vi->ODBC Test.vi<ERR>Exception occured in Provider:
Unspecified error in DB Tools Open Connec (String).vi->DB Tools Open Connec (Path).vi->ODBC Test.vi

I have tested other ODBC applications, which work fine.

Are there special support files that should be embedded in the LV compile that may not be critical on full XP, but
are important when running on XP Embedded?
Why should this effect only the database interactions, since the other parts of the application runs fine?

I have not found any particular info on this in the DB toolkit manual, except that MDAC should be installed on the
target computer.  I know that MDAC is installed on my XPE client.

I hope there is a solution for to this problem...

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Regards,

Morten
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,031 Views)