LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OAT Full Spectrum Resolution

I'm using Labview 2014's S&V OAT Full Spectrum vi. How can I determine the resolution of the spectrum that it produces? I'm using proximitors for my sensor inputs for shaft monitoring and the input to the OAT Full Spectrum VI is from the SVX Orbit and Timebase plot vi set for unfiltered plot. Also, am I correct that the amplitude units are in RMS?

Thanks,

Dennis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,871 Views)

@DennisR wrote:

I'm using Labview 2014's S&V OAT Full Spectrum vi. How can I determine the resolution of the spectrum that it produces? I'm using proximitors for my sensor inputs for shaft monitoring and the input to the OAT Full Spectrum VI is from the SVX Orbit and Timebase plot vi set for unfiltered plot. Also, am I correct that the amplitude units are in RMS?

Thanks,

Dennis

Could you explain (by filling in the abbreviations) what "S&V OAT" means?  If this is super-specialized, you might have better luck in one of the other Forums, rather than the general LabVIEW Forum.  [I have a number of toolkits installed, but none seem to be S & V -- I'm guessing that S = Signal, but what is V?].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,859 Views)

This is refering to the Sound and Vibration Toolkit's (S&V)  Order Analysis Toolkit (OAT).

Thanks,

DennisR

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,850 Views)

Thanks.  This is outside my area.  However, I did find (on the Web) an NI paper, "Getting Started with the Order Analysis Toolkit", which I presume you've seen.  Does it not answer your question?  Are the examples not helpful?

BS

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,843 Views)

I've also read thru that document. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of detailed documentation on the "Full Spectrum" for the Order and Timebase tools.

Thanks,

DennisR

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,834 Views)