From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numeric controls loose focus when used in panel

I have a LabVIEW DSC 7.1.1 application that uses numeric controls connected to tags via publish.subscribe datasockets. There is no code attached to these controls. They work normally when the VI they reside in is run as a standalone app. When that same VI is run within a panel in another VI, the numeric controls loose focus very quickly. If I am very fast, I can click in the numeric area and type about 2 digits before focus is lost.

There are several VIs running at the same time in panels of the same VI. All use different tags from one another.

The increment and decrement buttons work, as do other mouse click controls (those that don't require keyboard input).

How do I maintain focus in a control running in a VI that is in turn running in a panel in another VI?

Thank you,
Peter Laskey
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,446 Views)
You can use a property node and use the key focus property. Simply right click on your control can goto create>>property node. Once you have the property node you can search through it for the key focus property. hope this helps
BJD1613

Lead Test Tools Development Engineer

Philips Respironics

Certified LV Architect / Instructor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,432 Views)
It turns out that this was a strange symptom of another problem. Apparently, I had exceeded some limit on the number of datasockets. I converted a few of my datasocket connections to my DSC tag database to reads using the Read Tag.vi and the problem went away.

-Peter
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,396 Views)