LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of Data Points

I am working on an interface for an HP8722C using a GPIB connector. I have a lot of the functions working correctly but I have hit a roadblock when it comes to the number of points in the sweep. All of the points work great up to 401 then 801 and 1601 points gives me an error and crashes the whole system. I am thinking that it might be a timing issue, like it doesn't let the function finish plotting before trying to collect it. Is there a way to make it wait a little longer to collect the data, like insert a delay or something?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,665 Views)
Are you using the project style driver or the plug and play one? I can't look at either but typically there is an OPC? query.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,648 Views)

I actually just figured out I needed to add a timeout box before the spot that is causing an error and increase the timeout time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,642 Views)
Not very elegant to put a fixed delay.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,638 Views)

It may not be elegant but it works. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,630 Views)
It works for the time being. You can easily run into the same problem of the number of points increases.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,619 Views)

What do you recommend?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,614 Views)
Answer the question about which driver you are using, please. Then check if it is using OPC? That stands for operation complete. See the programming manual for the description.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,607 Views)

Plug and Play - not using OPC

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,601 Views)
You might want to check the project style driver.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,596 Views)