From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifiers with 3VIs

Hi all.

I am having some trouble getting the results I want. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have developed 3 VIs for continuous monitoring purpose. What I am trying to do is as follows; The first VI (1DAQ) sends "True or False" through notifier to the second VI (2DP) when "Elapsed time 1" reaches 0.1 (every time "Elapsed time 1" reaches 0.1, "Elapsed time 2" will be increased by 1). And then this second VI generates and send data to the third VI (3HR) through notifier when "Elapsed time 2" reaches 3 (it will go back to 1 at next run). I am trying to make this program work so that the third VI (3HR) updates data everytime "Elapsed time 2" reaches 3. 

What happens with the current VIs is that when "Elapsed time 1" reaches 0.1, it gets stuck. And I am not sure why it's happening.

I am attaching a screen shot (word file) of these three VIs as well as original VIs (zip file).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yoon.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,566 Views)
Well I forgot to attach the files. Here they are.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,565 Views)
Yoon,

2 DP.vi will not stop until the Stop global is True. You never set it to True.

Your program structure makes it unlikely that it will do what you want. I think you want 2 DP.vi and 3 HR.vi running as parallel, independent loops rather than within the main loop. Think Dataflow!

Lynn
Message 3 of 4
(2,561 Views)
Thanks a million for your help. Your comments got me to think differently and now I found a way to do it. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,555 Views)