LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not enough memory to complete this operation.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, please would you clarify step by step how to give some delay in my cRIO TCP?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(5,627 Views)

Can't you just put a wait VI in the send loop?

TimC
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(5,594 Views)

Thank you TIM-C for your reply, but please could you explain how to do that, step by step.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(5,588 Views)

Just add the wait (ms) vi to your send loop and wire a constant to it that represents the number of milliseconds you want to wait.

TimC
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(5,564 Views)

I was seeing a similar problem with LabVIEW 7.1 and Windows 7.  Had a VI talking to our T7-Pro device over WiFi that did a TCP Write immediately followed by some TCP Reads.  I was getting the "not enough memory ..." error ~10 seconds after I did something to interrupt the connection such as block my WiFi signal.  I put a little sequence structure with a 0s Wait between the write and read and the problem seems to have gone away.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(5,488 Views)

When you look at Task Manager check the number of Threads used by the Server you are connecting to. This is one of those Microsoft errors that are nor reported clearly. Different Operating systems allow different numbers of process threads per application. For Windows XP and older the limit was 2024 threads less about 300 that wer reserved for the OS to use. In Win 2k3 and newer the number of threads is limited by the amount of RAM that is availalbe and the number of processes that are running.

Fred Loveless
Kepware Technologies
http://www.kepware.com
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(5,469 Views)

The 0s Wait after that first TCP Write mostly solved the problem, but I still saw it occasionally.  I now have added 0s Waits after every TCP Write and Read in that VI and have not seen the problem since.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(5,454 Views)

We've been having this same issue with a few executables that run on our servers.  For all of the programs where this pops up, the "Enable Debugging" feature has been enabled.  When we turn that off, we don't see the issue anymore.

We like having that feature turned on as it helps with troubleshooting, but not if it is affecting the programs and causing this memory error.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,770 Views)

Turns out that we are still seeing the error pop up when debugging is turned off.  back to the drawing board.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,148 Views)