LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to use snippet in my LabVIEW Environment

Hi Blokk,

drag&drop from FF never worked (and I think will never do): save the snippet to your desktop/download folder and drag it from there into LabVIEW BD window…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 11 of 17
(1,180 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Blokk,

drag&drop from FF never worked (and I think will never do): save the snippet to your desktop/download folder and drag it from there into LabVIEW BD window…

I cannot believe, but I just tried to drag & drop from my Firefox into my DB (LV 2015 SP1 32bit), and it worked!!! 🙂 I have no idea why it works, since as I remember back, this never worked for me...but I did not try it for a long time, because I thought it just does not work 🙂

Tested with my above version Firefox, and using this snippet: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Simulation-is-not-running/m-p/3343124/highlight/true#M981978

Edit: I will test it later with another PC, as I remember there all I got was the blue link of the png file, and not the VI itself after drag & drop...

Edit2: drag & drop also works with LV2016 and testing on this snippet: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-Feature-Report-quot-Find-text-quot-fails-to-identify/m-p/333...

edit3: now we should try to figure out, what is the difference between systems with working drag & drop, and non working behaviour... the only change I did recently was the one proposed by GerdW, but it was for the VI attachment, not for drag&drop...is there any relation? Could you test it?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,177 Views)

Just tested drag & drop from Firefox into BD using another laptop, and it works here too.

Versions:

LabVIEW 2015 SP1 32 bit

Windows 7 Pro SP1 32 bit

Firefox 48.0.2

edit: maybe a recent Firefox update fixed this issue? PalanivelT, could you provide your version numbers as I did?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,167 Views)

Even for me it worked long before! but its not working now (*No system chnages made in between)

LabVIEW : 15.0 (32bit)

Windows 7 Enterprise

Firefox 48.0.2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,160 Views)

First you should check whether you can drag&drop pre-saved snippets from Windows Explorer (i mean where you can see your files, not IE). If this does not work either, you could try to re-install the LAVA Code Capture Tool in VIPM. If this part works for you, try to reset Firefox to see if it helps?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,152 Views)

Presaved snippets works fine for me!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,148 Views)

I had an issue where snippets were not able to be dragged into the block diagram.  Instead only an icon appeared indicating that the drag and drop feature was not possible.  I found that if LabVIEW is run as administrator the drag and drop feature is disabled.  Once I launched LabVIEW without administrator privileges the drag and drop feature was enabled allowing me to use the snippets.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(511 Views)