cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to read signals from pressure transducer

I am using a simple set up to read pressure by using the following :

DAQ : NI 9174

I/O MODULE : Analog Input module NI 9203

Pressure transducer - Ashcroft G2, Pressure Transmitter, 0 to 100 psi, 4-20mA  Model NO :EW-68900-52. Also attached the manual.

I am getting the readings in 1*(10^-7) Am  and there is no change in the current reading though there is a change in the pressure guage reading.Attached the image of the waveform chart. Can any help me understand where lies the problem?

Also, it is mentioned in the manual that the pressure transducer requires min 9 and max 36V DC for 4-20 mA readings. I wonder NI 9203 can supply the excitation voltage. If the excitation voltage is the problem, I suppose the readings in the wave form chart also should not be seen.

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,952 Views)

And regarding the  wiring connections, black (COM) is connected to COM , red(V+) is connected to a1. White (Not used ) is connected to a0 to record signal.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,949 Views)

"Also, it is mentioned in the manual that the pressure transducer requires min 9 and max 36V DC for 4-20 mA readings. I wonder NI 9203 can supply the excitation voltage. If the excitation voltage is the problem, I suppose the readings in the wave form chart also should not be seen."

Do you supply the required voltage to the transducer??? The NI9203 is a current analogue DAQ module, it is NOT going to act as a voltage supply!

Why do you expect you can read pressure values, if you do not energize the sensor with a voltage inside the required voltage range? If you do not plug your TV's plug into the wall socket, do you expect it would turn on?

What you see on the AI channel, is probably just floating noise...

edit: get a DC voltage power supply between 9 and 36V , and connect it to the pressure sensor and the AI module as described in the manual.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,903 Views)