LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Enough Memory to Compile on Mac

I have a fairly large application I am trying to compile into an executable on mac book. The build fails, saying that Labview needs more memory to compile the largest VI in the program.

I have plenty of hardrive space, so it would seem that OSX (10.8.3) is restricting the amount of memory that Labview can use. Does anyone know if there is a way to increase that limit?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,243 Views)

Man, how big is that project? In VI's and sourcecode size?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,232 Views)

@KeenanJohnson wrote:

I have a fairly large application I am trying to compile into an executable on mac book. The build fails, saying that Labview needs more memory to compile the largest VI in the program.

I have plenty of hardrive space, so it would seem that OSX (10.8.3) is restricting the amount of memory that Labview can use. Does anyone know if there is a way to increase that limit?

Thanks.

I have only seen this when I have an FPGA VI in simulate mode. I just attributed it to there being too much in the FPGA for the simulation to handle. I have never seen this with a standard application. Try holding control+shift+click run arrow. See if that resolves your problem. If not, I think Yamaeda's question are valid ones.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,227 Views)

Yeah no dice on the option-shift run trick.

The project is huge. Close to 20,000 vi's in the project file which contains several applications. The particular vi that is problematic is kind of a bohemouth (around 500 subvis) and should be rewritten in the future. However, the project compiles just fine on windows, which leads me to beleive this is an issue witht the memory mangament in OSX. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,209 Views)

Close to 20,000 vi's

Smiley Surprised

Have you considered breaking them into smaller projects; one per application? You can put projects inside other projects, if they really need to be together but it would help keep things more organized. Although at this point, managing dependencies when moving VIs from one project to another could potentially be a logistical nightmare.

500 subVIs isn't too many, so I should expect that would compile fine. Unless the project is taking up so much memory somehow that it is causing issues with the single VI. I'm just grasping at straws here though. Have you tried another mac with different memory?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,200 Views)

I actually got it to work by opening the troublesome VI separately. Then I reopened the project and built. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,197 Views)