From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noncontinuable exception

I am working on an application that uses the Actor Framework. I don't know if that has anything to do with a problem that I am seeing.

In any case, when I exit my built application, sometimes I get this crash report. It has a View Report link to a zipfile with a bunch of binary data. How do I make sense of the data in that zipfile? Or is there any way to just surpress this message?

Noncontinuable Exception.png

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,053 Views)

Speculating here.

Do you have an exit labview node when you want to close the application?

Perhaps try to make it the absoulute last thing you do before exiting the application after properly cleaning up all resources.

Br,

/Roger

Message 2 of 8
(3,030 Views)

I have seen this when I closed a reference to a dynamically called VI when it was also set to automatically close the reference. I suspect it is related to your cleanup code somewhere and a reference is getting closed more than once. At least that was the case when I saw this. Don't know why LabVIEW sees this as a catastrophic error but it did.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 3 of 8
(3,015 Views)

@Mark_Yedinak wrote:

I have seen this when I closed a reference to a dynamically called VI when it was also set to automatically close the reference. I suspect it is related to your cleanup code somewhere and a reference is getting closed more than once. At least that was the case when I saw this. Don't know why LabVIEW sees this as a catastrophic error but it did.

Also try making the resource deallocation execute in the opposite order of the allocation.

That way there will be no broken/obfuscated relationship/parent/child trees/graphs for the runtime to maintain.

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,997 Views)

@User002 wrote:

Speculating here.

Do you have an exit labview node when you want to close the application?

Perhaps try to make it the absoulute last thing you do before exiting the application after properly cleaning up all resources.

Br,

/Roger

I do have an exit labview node. I don't think you can make it not be the last thing you do Smiley Very Happy

I hope you know I'm just messing with you and I totally understand what you are saying. I will check for unclosed resources tomorrow.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,967 Views)

Thanks for the kudos. Smiley LOL

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,959 Views)

Thanks Mark and Roger. I was trying to close a reference twice.

I'm not going to mark the solution yet though because my question was about how to read the crash report and if it can be surpressed.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,920 Views)

@SteveChandler wrote:

Thanks Mark and Roger. I was trying to close a reference twice.

I'm not going to mark the solution yet though because my question was about how to read the crash report and if it can be surpressed.

Bug report perhaps?

It seem to be running OK in the dev environment, but crashes as an exe. Weird.

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,913 Views)