LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noise Rating Curves

Hello,
I would like to import PNC rating curves behind the octave spectrum plot. So far I've been doing it by importing a picture under the octave plot, but would like to know if there is a way to assign these curves in a method similar to limit testing VI, so I can have a notifier if a certain curve is exceeded. If not, how can I just have the curves plotted from a text file or excel file in a static manner while the octave plot is updated as the VI runs?
Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,474 Views)
monotone,

I don't believe there is an easy way to do what you are asking in LabVIEW however it does sound possible.

The limit testing VI simply compares points of a waveform to an upper and/or lower limit.  You could program your own VI to do this with a PNC curve and an octave spectrum.

The octave graph is essentially a specific case of the more general XY graph.  If you were to parse your PNC curve data and put it into the appropriate format (cluster of two arrays, one representing the frequencies and the other the band power) in LabVIEW you should then be able to pass both the octave spectrum data and your PNC curve data to the octave graph by creating an array of the two octave graph clusters.

Good luck!

Regards,

Simon H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support/
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,446 Views)
Thank you Simon, I will give this a try and post back if it works.
Bye
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,438 Views)