LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signals appear in Signals tab of NI-XNET Bus Monitor

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I am trying to use a NI 9862 USB to read a J1939 PGN.  I will choose PGN 65265 (CCVS1), SPN 84 (Wheel Based Vehicle Speed) as an example.  In the Monitor tab of NI-XNET Bus Monitor, I can see that the Frame counter is increasing at the expected rate for that ID, and the Frame Name column is filled in with my custom text.  A couple weeks ago, I was able to click on the Signals tab and see the payload for the Signal I had defined listed converted to engineering units.  Now, nothing is appearing in the Signals tab.  I have used Add/Remove Signals to select the signal of interest to list in the "Signals in View".  Any ideas?  I did recently swap out a bad NI 9862 for a new one, but I don't see how that would be related to this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,860 Views)

Also, I am using LabVIEW 2013 SP1 on Windows 7, and NI-XNET 1.8.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,854 Views)

Hello barkeram

If you are at the add/remove signals, when you select names to search=signals, Are you getting results?

Is the frame view still working fine? did you change any setting like Interface and Database?

Regards

Frank R.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,819 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author barkeram

On Add/Remove Signals, I see 34 signals in "Signals from Database".  I am able to Search by Signal name.

It turns out I was able to "fix it" by Removing all signals and then adding them all back.  That must have refreshed something.

Nothing changed on "Interface and Database Settings" (I think most things are default except for Alias Name/cluster.

Message 4 of 4
(2,811 Views)