cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No power to mobile robot platform

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I just received the Robotics Starter Kit for Education and am having trouble getting the robot to work. I plugged the power in and turned all the dip switches in the off position but the power LED is still off and the hardware setup can't detect it. The power brick confirmed that it was charging and after leaving it plugged in, the battery is fully charged, so it isn't because its underpowered. Are there any wires that may have come loose or do I have to send it back for repairs?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,628 Views)
Solution
Accepted by oswong

oswong,

Just to confirm, are you plugging the batter back into the robot's power cable after charging?  If the battery is charged and connected, the power LED should come on when the "MASTER" switch is turned on.  If the board is not being powered up, then there could be a loose connection or a damaged power converter.  You can check for a damaged power converter by listening for a quiet clicking noise.  Let me know if this helps.

Chris M 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,612 Views)
Yes I am leaving it plugged in after charging and turning on the MASTER switch. I'll try taking it apart and checking for loose connections, thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,597 Views)
Do you know what is the new NI robot? and where can I find information about that?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,528 Views)

Oye,

Stop spamming the board with the same question and START A NEW THREAD!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,519 Views)
sorry but I dont know why you are angry.....just I want to know the answer to that question.... sorry sorry 
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,509 Views)

I'm angry because this is the second thread you've hijacked in so many minutes.

Have you gone to the main NI page and looked at the robotocs link?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,505 Views)

"You can check for a damaged power converter by listening for a quiet clicking noise"

Hi, I hear the noise after the LED is off, is that for a hardware problem or just because of  no power of the battery?

what's the solution ,please?

I'm looking forward your answer, thank u!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,948 Views)

Hi agan,

Are you having issues with the kit functioning strangely, or is the problem just the clicking noise?  Is it possible to tell where the noise seems to be coming from specifically?  If your power converter is damaged, then your kit won't work properly.  The power converter noise should only be an issue when there is power coming from the battery.  

Regards,

Jared R.
Precision DC Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,923 Views)

thanks for ur answer!

but i still have no idea of where did the noise come from.

but after  battery charging, it's gone.

do u know why? 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,903 Views)