LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Image - 1473R With Vision Assistant

Hopefully this is a simple fix and I'm missing something very obvious, so here is what's up. I'm originally a text programmer but for this project I'm stuck using LabVIEW which is completely unfamiliar; I've been working on this for days with no progress so I thougt I'd see if anyone had some pointers. The goal of the project is to use the PCIe-1473R FPGA to do live gain control, overlay, and maybe some recognition.

I started with the "Image Processing with Vision Assistant on FPGA" example and made a few simple changes to just attempt to get a video feed through. The camera we are using is a Pulnix TM 1325 CL, which outputs a 1 tap/10 bit Camera Link signal. Since this example VI is originally configured 1 tap/8 bit I changed the incoming pixel to be read as 1 tap/10 bit and compiled and tested. When I try to start video acquisition I get no errors but no frames are grabbed. The frame's acquisitioned count does not increase and nothing is displayed. If I switch to line scan I get a scanning static image, but this is not a line scan camera and my other NI frame grabber card shows an image from the camera fine.

I wasn't all that surprised with this result, as the input is 10 bit and the acquisition FIFO and DMA FIFO are both 8 bit orginally. So, I changed them to U16 and also changed IMAQ FPGA FIFO to Pixel Bus and IMAQ FPGA Pixel Bus to FIFO blocks on either side of the Vision Assistant to U16. With this configuration, I again get no image at all; same results. I suspect this is because the incoming image is signed, so the types should be I16 instead. However, there is no setting for I16 on the Pixel Bus conversion methods. Am I not understanding the types happneing here or is there an alternative method for using Vision Assistant with signed images? I'd think it'd be odd not have support for signed input.

Anyway, I've tried all the different combos of settings I can think of. Does anyone have any input? I feel like it must be either a buffer size problem or a signing problem, but I don't really know. Any and all input is welcome!

Thanks for helping out a new guy,

Kidron

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,393 Views)

I ended up resolving this issue by switching cameras. The end goal was to use a FLIR SC6100, so I switched to it and was able to get things working shortly. The FLIR does use unsigned ints, so I believe that's what resovled the issue for anyone running into this in the future.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,368 Views)