LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NiFpga_Status_BitfileReadError

Solved!
Go to solution

I am getting the NiFpga_Status_BitfileReadError when I try to load a FPGA bitfile into a cRIO-9081.  The bit file was build using LabVIEW 2011.  Under Max Software I have the CompactRIO 12.1 and the following LabVIEW Run-Times  8.2.1, 8.6, 9.0.1, 10.0.1, 11.0.1, and 12.0.1.

I believe that LabVIEW 2011 needs the 11.0.1 run-time, so I should have compatible bitfile.

What other issues would give me this error?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,269 Views)

Hi Paul_Knight_Lockheed_Martin,

What version of LabVIEW was the bitfile built in?  Do you have an error code associated with the error?  You should also make sure that you have compatible software installed on the cRIO side.

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,214 Views)

The bit file was build using LabVIEW 2011

The error is NiFpga_Status NiFpga_Status_BitfileReadError = -63101;

The cRIO has LabVIEW Run-Times  8.2.1, 8.6, 9.0.1, 10.0.1, 11.0.1, and 12.0.1 installed.

I think LabView 2011 uses the 11.0.1 runtime, so we should be compatible.

Also, I was downloading bitfiles using this a couple of months ago.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,208 Views)

Hi Paul_Knight_Lockheed_Martin,

Are you using a cRIO-9801 that is running Windows or an RT OS?  In MAX, are you looking at the software installed on a host computer or on the cRIO itself (some of this could depend on whether the cRIO is running Windows or an RT OS).  The error code can also indicate that there is a corruption in the bitfile of that there is something wrong with the file path pointing to the bitfile.  Have you tried loading other bitfiles to the FPGA?  If so, do you always see this error or only when you try to load the one particular bitfile? 

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,189 Views)

Josh,

I am using a cRIO-9081 running Windows 7.  The 6 runtimes version I got from the cRIO using MAX.  I have rebuilt the bitfile 3 times and I have double checked the path information is correct.

I don't have anyother bitfiles to try.  I will try and create a simple one and see if I can load it.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,184 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul_Knight_Lockheed_Mart

Josh,

I was able to determine the cause of the error.  I had added a newline in the buffer that I created to combine the FPGA_BITFILE_DIRECTORY with the FPGA_BITFILE_NAME to create the absolute path.

I wanted to use the same buffer to display the path to the user.

Trying to get fancy.  Should always keep it simple.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,167 Views)

Excellent!  I'm glad you were able to find the cause of the issue.

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,157 Views)