LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ni instrument simulator seems to be incompartible with labview 8.20

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased an Ni Instrument simulator V2.0 but I'm having difficulties installing the simulator software. I have Labview 8.20. 

When I tried to install the simulator software, it kept giving error messages and recommended specific remedies that included uninstalling some versions of NI-VISA and PXI. I did uninstall the Ni-visa 4.0 and PXI but still can't complete the installation.

In fact it is now gving me a general error message without any specific course of action to correct the problem. I've attached screenshot of the latest error message. I'll appreciate any assistance since I've been stuck for some days now. The operating system of my computer is windows vista. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,462 Views)
Mbdeck,

The NI-VISA 4.0 driver is not compatible with Vista, but version 4.4.1 is and can be found at:
http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/1070/lang/en

As far as PXI, do you mean PXI Platform Services? Version 2.4.2 of that should be compatible with Vista as well, and can be found at:
http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/1046/lang/en

Can I ask if you are using 32 bit or 64 bit Vista? Can I also ask that you post a Technical Support report from Measurement & Automation Explorer so that we can see what other software packages and which versions of each you have installed? This report can be generated by opening up Measurement & Automation Explorer and selecting File » Create Report... » Technical Support. Select My System in the drop down box and hit next twice, select where you would like to save the .zip file, hit next and then finish, then find that .zip file and post it here.

Thank You,

Eric
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,411 Views)

Eric,

I've already uninstalled a lot of the software drivers including MAX. I think the problem is that I have Labview 8.20 which isn't compatible with the Simulator software that is based on the latest 8.6 version. I recently purchased the Simulator but I haven't been able to use it. Please, is there anything I can do about this?. I may have no other choice but to return the Simulator to National Instruments if I can't use it.

I'll appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,406 Views)

Mbdeck,

I understand that you've removed a number of software packages from your system, but if you are still getting the error that is shown in your attached screen shot, it seems that the NI installer thinks that you still have some software that is not compatible with your operating system, Windows Vista.  I am running on XP myself, but I am able to successfully install both LabVIEW 8.2 and the Instrument Simulator software found at:

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/1040/lang/en

If you do not have Measurement & Automation Explorer installed anymore, can I ask what you have listed in your National Instruments Software list that can be found by selecting Change/Remove for the National Instruments Software item in the add or remove program files program from your control panel?  Are any of the items listed there not supported by Vista, and again, is this 32 bit or 64 bit Vista?

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,379 Views)