LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newport model 350B USB communication

Hi All,

New Lavview user here. I am trying to communicate with a Newport 350B TEC controller via USB.  I configured NI-VISA to control the device following the USB Instrument Control Tutorial instructions and can see the device and communicate using MAX.  However, the device is not seen as an available VISA resource when I try to use it in a VI.

Am I missing something simple here?  Thanks for any help!

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,642 Views)

Hey Mark,

What happens if you try to manually type in the USB descriptor into the I/O Resource Name field? Can you get VISA to recognize the device then?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,627 Views)

Hi All,

This topic is old, but now I have same problem, and want to check again, does someone solve this problem?
I also did USB resource registration to NI VISA, and in my MAX resource list I can see device. but in VISA Resource Name list I cannot see it, and when I write name manualy, the resoult same. I did not get any error, but also can not see any results.

Any suggestion to solve this problem?

With Best Regards

Hrachya

Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,258 Views)

I am attaching two files, may be this will help. If You will need more info, please write I will give it.

Thank You

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,254 Views)

Hello Hrachya!

Does this happen even after completely closing LabVIEW and reopening to see if the VISA resource is reloaded to the list? Did you also type in the name of the device "Newport350B" or did you use "USB0::0x104D::0x1001::NI-VISA-10002::RAW" ? Also I can see that this specific thread is relativley old, you might have better luck creating your own thread and posting a link back to this one for reference! The community is much more receptive to newer posts as opposed to older ones, this is because the issues can be marked with a current solution and allow for other users to benefit. 

Have a great week!

John H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,234 Views)

Thank You for Responce,

Yes I try to use both version of names. Also closing LabVIEW did not hel me. problem not solved yet.

With Best Regards

Hrachya

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,227 Views)

Hello Hrachya,

Thank you for verifying that information. Are you able to see correct information when using a VISA test panel in MAX? Can you successfully query the device and receive a response back while in MAX? If not, what errors pop up when you try to send this query command in the VISA test panel? 

John H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,206 Views)

I also tried to use MAX, Seems it is not connected, it is not give me any response , and also I can not see any error. but think the problem comes from windows registration, because it look likes NI see that there is VISA resource, but in real, there is not VISA resource, or USB not registrated. From VI, when I want to initalizate VISA  I was not see any errors, but when I try to use property or invoke node to do configuration, it gives me error. Be honest I unbuild system, and now can not repeat the situation, and now I am writing all that I am trying to remember. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,196 Views)

Did you rebuild it and it is behaving differently now?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,181 Views)