LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie problem : trace as a cluster of an initial value X, an X delta and a table of data Y

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I use a spectrum analyzer (Agilent E4440) and wish to acquire the measured spectrum, in tabular form. With the examples given by the manufacturer, I can get the track, but I would like to have directly in a table (2 columns: X and Y), without having to export it to Excel (etc. ..) . But the trace is  a cluster of an initial value X, an X delta and a table of data Y. Is it possible to extract a table of X data in order to generate a table X, Y?

Thank you very much,

Adrien

PS : Sorry for my english

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,046 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SpikeS182

What you called a trace is probably a wire containing the waveform data type.  The X array does not exist anywhere but you can easily create one.

You can use the Ramp Pattern.vi from the Signal Processing >> Signal Generation palette or you can use a for loop. In the loop you start with the X0 and add i*delta X on each iteration.  Create the X-array by autoindexing the output.

Lynn

Message 2 of 3
(2,030 Views)

I tried the looped solution and it works fine 🙂 Maybe i will contact Agilent to know why the 'Read Data' is not enable to deliver the X array automatically, because it is a bit annoying when you want to do some automatic measurements when you sweep the parameters of your wanted signal. I hope that the loop calculation isn't too slow.

Anyway, Thank you very much!!Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,016 Views)