LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to NI, need guidance to build a setup

Hello everyone,

I am completely new to the field and using NI systems. I really appreciate if someone can help me which board and software would be the best for my application.

I am in design process of a test bed in which a custom voltage signal (± 100v max) should be generated and send to the specimen and then the results from a force and a displacment sensor should be recorded (a F vs Voltage graph).

As I understand, the comunication card with PC should have an output (for custome voltage signal) that goes to a voltage amplifire and then to the sample that is bening tested. It should also have 2 input links (for the feedback it recives from the sensors).

Could  someone please guide me throught and let me know what kind of NI software and card might be suitable for my purpose?

Also, is there anyway that I can also control the voltage output of the amplifier from the PC (instead of spearately and manually control it)?

Thanks a lot for helping a newbie!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,817 Views)

Hello,

From the software point of view I would advise NI SignalExpress:
https://www.ni.com/labview/signalexpress/

It doesn't require any programming and can be quite easily configured. If you are looking something with development perspective I think LabVIEW Development System is the best:

http://www.ni.com/labview/

Unfortunately it is not as easy as SignalExpress and it takes time to learn it a little...

From the hardware point of view is really hard to give a good advice without knowing the details. Actually it is better to ask some hardware-designer because he will know what voltages will he need to the amplifier, what output currents and so on and so on. So here I cannot help you 😞

Marcin

Think Dataflow - blog.mtapp.tech
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,811 Views)

Hi He5aM,

I would strongly recommend calling 1-866-275-6964 in order to speak with one of our engineers. They will be able to recommend hardware and software that will fit your project needs!

Best,

Message 3 of 4
(2,739 Views)

Thanks a lot for the info!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,670 Views)