LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to NI cRIO 9076

Hello everyone!

i am completely new to interfacing NI modules with labview. i interfaced cRIO 9076 through ethernet, installed all the softwares (NI RIO, NI RT etc). it is getting detected in NI MAX. but  all it shows is "cRIO is in safe mode( no softwares installed)" and status LED blinks two times indicating trouble with software. 

how do i configure the device. what are the things to be done to use cRIO.?

PS:i also have gone through the getting started guide from this link
http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/setuphardware/compactrio/

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,495 Views)

Hi Vishal,

you have to install software on the cRIO as well as on the PC!

Open MAX, navigate to your cRIO and expand the "Software" tree… (This is written in the manual that comes with your cRIO too!)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 11
(3,461 Views)

thanks for your reply GerdW. i have installed cRIO in my PC. now MAX shows up 9076 and moreover the  status LED is also acting fine . the problem is it still doesnt detect the modules i have attached to the cRIO. what should i do? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,454 Views)

Hi Vishal,

the modules aren't detected by MAX.

You have to open a new LabVIEW project, include the cRIO in the project and then you can detect/configure any modules of the cRIO…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,443 Views)

when i try to add devices in "add targets or devices window" it shows me only 9076 in real time cRIO. it doesnt show me the hierarchy of devices connected to it. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,438 Views)

Hi Vishal,

once you have added the cRIO to the project you can configure the modules of the cRIO. It's a right-click menu entry for the cRIO entry in a LV project…

See the cRIO manual page 7!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,433 Views)

i followed the steps as such. but after i select my cRIO from real time it directly takes me to the project explorer window. it doesnt show me anything. it doesnt show me the FPGA window and other windows. i am unable to see the FPGA window at all. i have installed all the softwares. i have also attached a screenshot of my project explorer window. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,392 Views)

HI Vishal_92,

First and foremost, check if you have installed NI RIO in both your cRIO and PC. If so, make sure you have installed Scan Engine driver in cRIO (https://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/setuphardware/compactrio/controllersoftware.htm). Once done, check in NI MAX the status of the cRIO 9076 (select the cRIO 9076 and check on the bottom right). If it is not in Safe Mode, proceed else swicth the Safe Mode to off and reset.

Another question, have you checked the LED on the cRIO? What is the status of all the LEDs? 

What is the version of your LabVIEW, NI MAX, Windows OS and NI RIO?

Did you install LabVIEW FPGA? If so, what is the version of that LabVIEW FPGA?

Warmest regards,

Lennard.C

Learning new things everyday...
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,380 Views)

i have installed everything from the LabVIEW evaluation CD. i have also checked that all the necessary cRIO softwares are installed. 

i use 2013 version of FPGA,NI MAX and RIO

OS is Windows 7

when i check the NI distributed system it says i have attached modules at port 1&4(in screenshot). so i guess there is no problems with the cRIO.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,371 Views)

Hi Vishal_92,

Guess you have the same issue as this forum link: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Real-Time-Measurement-and/cannot-detect-chassis/td-p/1741160/page/3.

Just to ask the following:

1. Were you able to detect it in NI MAX?
  2. If so, what is the status?
  3. What is the LED status of the cRIO?
  4. Are you connecting the cRIO directly to your computer?
  5. What cable are you using to connect to the cRIO? (cross or straight)
  6. Did you disable your PC firewall?
  7. Have you tried switching off the cRIO and try to communicate the cRIO from scratch?

Sorry, sometimes we do miss the smallest things. 

Worst thing to do is that you have to reformat the cRIO and reinstall the "neccessary" drivers in the cRIO (you don't have to install all the drivers, just the important ones like NI Scan Engine since cRIO has a fixed internal memory size).  

Warmest regards,

Lennard.C

Learning new things everyday...
Message 10 of 11
(3,354 Views)