From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to LabVIEW looking for VI that could modify into 3 Axis Vibration measurements

New to LabVIEW looking for a VI that will take simultaneous 3 Axis vibration mearurements, one that might get me started in the right direction.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,457 Views)
What hardware/toolkits are you using??
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,444 Views)
Using DSA boards 4472 & 4474 with LabVIEW 7.1 and the Sound and Vibration tool kit.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,436 Views)
Stan,

Have you tried any of the vibration examples that come with the Sound and Vibration toolkit?

Open up your example finder in LabVIEW (Help >> Find Examples) and browse to Toolkits and Modules >> Sound and Vibration >> SVXMPL_Vibration Analysis (DAQmx).vi.  This is a great place to get started with data acquisition and vibration analysis.

To measure 3 channels, you will have to modify the DAQmx data acquisition to include more than one channel in the "physical channel" control as well as changing the polymorphic DAQmx Read.vi to be N Channels N samples as opposed to 1 Channel N samples.  There will be a little bit of extra programming here, but this should get you started.

Let me know if you have any more questions, Stan.  Have a great day!

Travis W

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,402 Views)

Travis,

I did try to modify the SVXMPL_Vibration Analysis VI that you mentioned, but i think i got started in the wrong direction. I will try your suggestions and build on that. I'm new at programming so this will be a challenge for me. 

Thank you for your help.

Stan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,392 Views)