LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New front panel show up + Graphic Switching

Greetins All
i'm a student in Eletronics Enginner in Portugal (sorry for the bad english or grammatical mistakes ahead), and i'm developing a project in Labview that currently reads from a COM port, info delivered via radio Xbee, that i can decode to get values of multiple readings from temperature sensores and proxmity sensors (a total of 12).

I'm also trying to create a organized front panel so that the user is capable of viewing all the temperature readings and proximity values readings in a global view, and i can also show each one of those 12 sets of sensors can transmit, for example in a graphic display. 

What i want to do is:

In the global view (showing 12 thermomethers so far) have a button capable of opening a new front panel or window with a graphic display of the readings done over time, or if possible, have a single graphic layout that switches the information on the screen by the time i select that particular set of sensores. here is an example:

I have 12 thermomethers, above them there will be 12 buttons, And im reading the values coming from sensores 5, 6 and 10. But they all come as mixed to the single main graphic display i have. I would press the button of number 10, and all the lastest values since the beggining of the readings show up in his graphic (new window, or switching/refreshing the main graphic display). Then i would press the number 5 and only see the readings of number 5. If i close this window or panel, i would go back to global view where i have all the 12 thermomethers so far. My point is, i dont want to end up with 12 graphics in the same window, either have one single graphic that display single selected sensor set, or have the supposed graphic of that selected single set of sensors pop up in a new window.

I hope i had explained things the best way i can. I think its a simple thing to do maybe, but i cant find anything else on the forums :s

Thanks for all in advance 

Cheers from Portugal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,527 Views)
OK, if I understand, you want to have some number of scalar indicators showing the most current value. In addition when the user clicks on one of those indicators you want a graph of historical data appear, perhaps in a floating windowwindow perhaps on the main screen.

This isn't too hard. As the data values are read you will need to buildup the historical data array and keep it in a shift register on the loop. To get the clicks on the indicators, you can use mouse up events. When a control is clicked, get its data from the shift register and put it in the graph.

That is sort of a rough outline. When you get some code written we can look at it for you.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,514 Views)

Yes, thats exactly what i was trying to explain, sorry for the long post 

I will try to do something on my current code, and will post it here later if i find any trouble

You rock man!

Best Regards

Daniel C.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,484 Views)

Okay i'm back

Well i managed to input my values into a array (output array) and link a waveform graph to it but the problem is that the data gets reseted everything i use stop or run again, i want it only to clear data when you close the program/project.

Also, i'm looking now for solution about mouse events but i dont have a single clue how to put them to show on a new window.

Im putting here my current project so far, the array is on the right side of the code

dont worry about the other stuff around, its in a test phase still

Just to remember, my program reads from serial a string encoded that is decoded into diferent data: temperature and rotation values (from the proximity sensor), i have a front panel with 3 tabs, the first is to see the current data received, the second are the readings done in strings, the third is a global view of the thermomethers and rpm values, and i wish to click on those thermomethers (example) and the one i selected will open a new window with a waveform graph showing the data stored in an array of the readings for that set of sensors or refresh a single waveform graph and show that data into it

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,474 Views)