LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New bug: Hierarchy forgets settings in LV 8.2

Could I get confirmation from someone that they see the same behaviour that I am seeing?

In LV 8.2 the Hierarchy screen forgets the view settings so that when you re-start LV it is back to the default.

Sub-bug #1

The buttons that let choose to see the VI's in VI.llb, globals, and typedefs default to false. See image.

Sub-bug#2

The setting to "show full VI path in label" is alos forgotten!

Previous version of LV would remember these settings!

These are not "show-stoppers" bugs but they are "ease-of-use" bugs.

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 11-07-2006 01:55 PM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,458 Views)
Yup, count me in on this one.

I also had to re-activate the full names thingy several times today.

Hardly a show-stopper, but quite annoying all the same.

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
Message 2 of 8
(3,449 Views)
This was reported to R&D (# 437A7NG0) for further investigation. Thanks for the feedback, guys.  LV 8.0 shows the same behavior, so 7.1 was the last version that remembered these settings.  Also, Ben I don't see what you mean by the VI.LIB setting being off by default.  When I tried it (and according to your screenshot) these three settings are all on by default.
Doug M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
For those unfamiliar with NBC's The Office, my icon is NOT a picture of me 🙂
Message 3 of 8
(3,421 Views)

Thank you Doug,

You are correct, I should have typed "True".

The second sub-bug refers to "View >>> Show Full VI Ptah in Label" defaults to NOT show the full paths.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,417 Views)

Doug,

Could you chase down the ini settings from the LV 7.1 version that controlled these settings and check if they can be used as a work-around?

Ben

PS: Wise move to include the disclaimer abou your icon, otherwise I would be quoting Arnold from the Preditor movie when he said "You are one ugly M....  !" Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by Ben on 11-08-2006 12:33 PM

Message 5 of 8
(3,407 Views)
Ben, good call.  The ini key is hierarchy.stateFlags=xx, where xx is a hex number for the flag settings.  For example, using 45 indicates to use the horizontal view, with full VI Path names and no global variables shown.  If you have accessto LabVIEW 7.1, you can choose the settings you would like to be as default, close LabVIEW, then use this key and put it in your LabVIEW 8.2 ini file.  Note that any changes to these flags will not be saved once you close LabVIEW 8.2.  I will pass this added info to R&D.  Thanks for the idea!

Message Edited by Doug M on 11-08-2006 01:53 PM

Doug M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
For those unfamiliar with NBC's The Office, my icon is NOT a picture of me 🙂
Message 6 of 8
(3,389 Views)

Thanks Ben for reporting this problem, and Doug for reporting this to us.  We will take a look into this, because I have a feeling that we intend to save the state of that hierarchy window through this ini setting.  

For others that may be reading this post I do want to take a second to reiterate that in general we don’t support the undocumented ini keys (if there are such things Smiley Wink….).  These ini settings are subject to change, so we encourage all users to configure as many of the LabVIEW options as possible through the regular ‘ol options page.

Thanks again, and be sure to add this to the breakpoint list if you haven’t done so already.  Have a great afternoon-

Travis M
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
Message 7 of 8
(3,313 Views)

Thank you Travis!

Agreed and done!

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,304 Views)