LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Thread for Conversion of LabVIEW 5.1 code to 8.5

OK, this is my first post. 

I am trying to convert a bunch of rev 5.1 vi's to rev 8.2 as I read here somewhere.  A lot of these vi's reference a AI.llb file.  I was trying to convert this to indiviual vi's so that I could convert them all to rev 8.2.  I then encounter that to do this I also need a AI Control, which is either a vi or another llb file.  That I can't find.  Anyone have a answer to this??

Mike, I see that you are the master of most of these problems, can you help me???

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 88
(1,629 Views)

This is another question that shows up all of the time and in this case, you don't need any external help.

The functions you mention are part of the traditional DAQ driver. This is obsolete and by default, is not installed with 8.x. It is on the distribution DVD/CD and you can add it. You can also download it.

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 88
(1,628 Views)

Sorry, downloaded and installed, but no AI Control there. I also checked the CD's I have for rev 8.2 and I don't see it.

I have multiple copies of the AI.llb but I can'tr find the AI Control file.

Any ideas??

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 88
(1,611 Views)

Ai.llb is installed with traditional daq along with several other llb's. The one that has the AI Control functions is zadvd.llb.

When installed correctly, all llbs should be seen in the \vi.lib\Daq folder. Of course you will not see the llbs on the CD. They are part of the installer.

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 88
(1,605 Views)

OK ,found the AI control.vi. 

Here's a new question. 

I have revs 7, 8.2, and 8.5 loaded on my PC.  I picked the AI vi's I needed out of the llb's and saved them as regular vi's.

It took rev 8.5 to do this.  Rev 8.2 won't open any of the AI vi's.  If rev 8.2 won't open them how can I convert vi's in rev 5.1 that call out these AI vi"s???

Seems like a catch-22!

0 Kudos
Message 55 of 88
(1,586 Views)

Moving the functions out of the llb is not only unnecessary, but can cause problems. Leave the llbs alone.

I'm assuming that the llbs only exist in your 8.6 folder. You could do a save for previous version but I don't think that is necessary. Just open the old VIs with 7 or 8.2 and when prompted for the functions, just click cancel. Save the old VIs. Open them up with 8.5. You may be prompted and if you are, just point to the llb locations. The prompt you get when a VI cannot be found shows you the expected path.

Message 56 of 88
(1,581 Views)

So if I follow you this is what should happen.  -

I open the rev 5 vi with rev 8.2.  It finds that the AI clear.vi is missing and wants me to tell it where to find it.  I say cancel and continue loading and updating the vi.

Then when I open this updated vi with rev 8.5, it will know that the AI clear.vi is missing and and it in.

And after I have opened this vi with rev 8.5 it should be able to run because it found and added the missing vi?

How does rev 8.5 know that AI clear is missing?  Is there some marker left so it knows what vi to find?

I ask because I did use the llb manger to extract the AI.llb bunch of vi's, and it seemed as if everything was fine until it could not find AI control.vi.

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 88
(1,568 Views)

MrDoc wrote:

.....  Is there some marker left so it knows what vi to find?

Yes.

And to repeat, stop messing around with the llbs!

0 Kudos
Message 58 of 88
(1,558 Views)

Just wanted to say Sir Knight of NI - thanks.

I have converted a number of rev 5.1 to rev 8.5 now, and it wouldn't have happened without your help.

There should be more written about this AI.llb problem and how to over come it!

I haven't run any of the vi's yet. I am not connected to the setup.

But it appears that all is fine right now and since the conversion is done, I think a good part of the battle is won.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 59 of 88
(1,486 Views)

Calling all the wise ones.

I have tried to run my now converted rev 5.1 to rev 8.5 vi's and have encountered a problem.

I get this error - Error -10401 occurred at AI Control and under this is states NI-DAQ LV and says it's not a NI product and maybe the measurement and automation explorere should be set..... 

I have the PC hooked to a SCXI-1000 chassis with SCXI-1503 boards installed with SCXI-1303 Interface boards installed on them. 

This setup runs with the old Labview 5.1 PC. 

But my new PC with rev 8.5 gives the error.

The automation setup is fine. Everything states its working.

Any ideas??

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 88
(1,462 Views)