From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neural network in LabVIEW - I'd like to share the code

Hi Everyone,

I have developed a fully configurable multi-layer perceptron (artificial neural network), feed-forward, back propagated. I used LabVIEW 5.1 and wrote the whole thing from scratch. The program (aNETka ver. 1.0) incorporates: biases, autoscaling, automatic learn rate, momentum, etc.

You can download the zipped file from: http://www.geocities.com/zureks//aNETka.html

UPDATE: The website will soon go off-line because Yahoo shuts down the geocities. You can email me directly then: zureks@gmail.com

There is a operating manual, too Smiley Happy

Please post some comments if you use it...

Enjoy

Yodo
---------------------------------------------
Everything should be made as simple
as possible - but not simpler.
Albert Einstein
Message 1 of 25
(12,302 Views)
Hi Yodo

Basically it looks quiet good. The only thing I really get annoyed of is the huge diagram. Did you use a beamer with resolution 16000 x 12000? It's quiet hard to see how it works.

Thomas
Using LV8.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 25
(12,282 Views)
oops, guess there was a lot of interest in your program, you have exceeded you transfer allocation! And on a "non-Naughty" site!
Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 3 of 25
(12,279 Views)
The resolution I used was 1024x768. I know the diagram is huge, but I found that using subVI's slows down the algorithm a lot (in fact, the first version was one screen diagram with neat subVI icons). I took me a lot of time to rebuild it into non-subVI version, and since I did I just kept this mode. The most important bit is the main While loop - i tried to put the smaller pieces into Sequence or Case structures to be able to see what's going on. If you really want to see how it works just make a subVI's from the structures I provided, and then you can scale the whole diagram down.

I also submitted this example code to NI, but I can't see it (search engine doesnt find it). Just be patient with the free website I provided. Should work every 1h or so Smiley Wink

Yodo
Albert Einstein
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25
(12,272 Views)
Thanks for sharing your work. Again something I tried to develop some years ago, but I never passed the original Perceptron level (single layer network). That thing was already smart enough to recognize numbers. 🙂
I'll try to run your vi on a few data (that could be the E-List...) as soon as possible.

That's worth 5 stars !..
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25
(12,253 Views)
Thanks for the words of appreciation. It was really hard thing to do. I got lost with the first version and I had to start completely from scratch again, because there was no way I could debug it.

I am sorry for not very "clean" coding, but for me it was enough and too much to get it working...

Regards

Yodo
Albert Einstein
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25
(12,247 Views)

Thanks!

I will look at the code later.

JLV

Message 7 of 25
(12,239 Views)

Dear all,

I have visited the pointed URL, however no download option was available. So, I sent a message to the indicated e-mail, but I have not receive an answer yet (it is about a week now). Do you know if there is an alternative URL or  e-mail adrress, or any other communication way to ask for a copy of the toolkit. Do you know any other LabVIEW implemented neural network training tools that someone could try or even buy.

Thanks!!!

Message 8 of 25
(12,147 Views)
The website will soon go off-line because Yahoo shuts down the geocities. You can email me directly then: zureks@gmail.com
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25
(10,393 Views)
NI has a community section now which makes it easier to post documents and files. You could place it there.

(10,367 Views)