LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network connection closed by peer

I have configured Outlook 2003 to work with gmail. I can send and receive email with outlook through gmail (pop.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com)
While using labview to send messages through outlook, I get the following error: The network connection was closed by the peer.
How do I fix this?
What is causing this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,562 Views)

I am assuming that you don't use outlook when sending from LabVIEW, but that you are connecting to smtp.gmail.com directly.

The gmail SMTP server requires authentication for outgoing messages and the SMTP LabVIEW Vis does not support this.

(I thought there once was an openG version that supports SMTP authentication. Maybe you can find it: www.openg.org).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,555 Views)
Is there a way to use outlook as it is configured to send and receive through gmail?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,548 Views)

Try the suggestion by tst in this thread.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,540 Views)

Just to chime in here... I'd written an example that sends Outlook Meeting Invitations using LabVIEW. I altered it a bit to send email, but it has the added bonus of reading your contact list and letting you add/remove contacts as desired (or type in non-contact email addresses). Not rocket science, but anyway....

It's LabVIEW 7.1, so let me know if you need an earlier version or if you want the Meeting Invitation version.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
Message 5 of 5
(3,529 Views)