LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Streams between RT and Host

I was trying to send data from RT to Host.The problem was without creating a reader end point in Host , " Create Network stream writer end point got connected.

Is this possible? If it is , Please tell me the situations those can cause this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,728 Views)

if my memory serves me right, that should not happen.

for every writer there is a reader needed.

do you have any more info on your setup, like a minimal RT-fake and Host-fake vi that reproduce the behaviour?

<edit>

i appended my initial test vis for network streams, no guarantees for prettyness, but i hope they help

</edit>

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,714 Views)

Post your code, especially the code on the Remote that contains the Writer that you think "connects" without a Reader.  It is possible to have one element of the Reader/Writer pair run without the other (in fact, this is almost a requirement, as it is extremely difficult to start them at precisely the same time, so one has to start first and "wait for a connection").

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,664 Views)

now bob that you mention it, i think he might mistake the default timeout of -1 for a connection, or did you mean something else?

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,662 Views)

Well, without seeing the code, I truly have no real idea what the Original Poster was trying to say, nor do I understand what was meant by "endpoint got connected".  Of course it is not possible for one endpoint to get "connected" without the other, but it is possible for the code to run without an error.  You are certainly correct, something may be mis-wired, or something might be mis-understood, but my ability to "guess" what was done is not as good as it used to be ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,645 Views)

Thank you for your response,

I've attached the VIs which I was using in RT target. I have 5 VIs like this which are doing the same functionality but only this VI is connecting without reader end point has been created.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,640 Views)

unfortunately your vi is not executable, because of missing typedef and .. i would have to set up a queue and stuff.

but i saw that you have a timeout of "-1", which means your vi will block there until it makes a connection.

to verify drop a breakpoint after "Create Writer" and perhaps also drop in the network stream property node.

if it is really connecting somewhere, that would mean that there is a reader with the name you specified.

can it be that you run these vi's asynchronously and there was still a reader running in the background somewhere?

regards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,627 Views)

Yes, I wanted to show you that I've wired "-1" to the time out input of Create writer end point VI.

I also thought some other reader is opened and it started communicating with it but restarted the PC and open only this VI and ran but it was behaving same way. Anyways I dint find why it was behaving like that but the problem didn't arise again.

Thank for your response , if u find the reason just send it to me.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,604 Views)