From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Streaming data acquisition (PC-cRIO)

Hello,

I have written some code using Labview's network streaming option to transfer data from the cRIO to my computer and then save this data in a .csv file. I wanted to test it but I'm confused on how to run or deploy it.

Right now I have the code divided into two VIs, one for each endpoint. I'm assuming the writer endpoint corresponds to the cRIO and the reader to my PC. 

So my questions are:

- Where exactly in the project explorer am I supposed to add these files? (please check the attachment and tell me if it is correct).

- What do I need to deploy into the cRIO? and How do I run the whole application?

- Can I build a UI for both VIs (writer and reader)? or because the writer is running in the cRIO I could only see the front panel of the reader?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,856 Views)

It looks like you have the files in the right place.  Just try to run each VI in their proper context.  If you are connected to your cRIO, it will deploy and run for you.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,842 Views)

Do you mean open up the VI with the active endpoint, I mean the one that stablishes the connection and click run? it doesn't work. The connection is never stablished, I get no error and it seems like it can run forever.

I have attached screenshots of both VIs if it helps...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,837 Views)

Network Streams have a "listener" and a "connector".  The Listener should be started first -- it "listens" for anyone trying to connect to it.  The Connector then should be started -- it's the one that need to have an IP (that of the Listener) as part of its argument.  Note that either can be a Reader or Writer.  I typically put the Listener on the RT side, as that is usually "always running", hence "running first".

Once the Connector can find the Listener, the connection will be established.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,820 Views)

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply. The only listener I can find in labview is "TCP listener" and I'm using the network streaming Labview feature not the Internet protocol. I don't know if maybe you were refering to another listener.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,801 Views)