cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Stream between two pcs

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey guys,

I`m developing a program to communicate a tablet that uses Win10 (PC1) to a laptop in the office (PC2). They are both connected in the same wifi. The thing is, PC1 uses LabVIEW 2015 and the PC2 uses LabVIEW 2014. After some tests, using the VIs that I created and the examples on the Example Finder, I can`t connect them, and the VIs got stuck in "Create Network Stream Writer Endpoint" and "Create Network Stream Reader Endpoint" (-1 constant to Timeout).

I`m using this white paper as reference https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361L-01/lvconcepts/endpointurls/

I`ve already verified that the IP address that I used is correct, the only thing that i see that can get in the way for this communication to work

Is it possible to communicate them with different versions?

is there any other method to transfer data from one pc to another in the same network, from different projects, in a more efficient way?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,801 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rk_tinelli

You could try the standard TCP/IP connections.  I would use the STM library if you do go this route.  It is a free library created by the NI Systems Engineers.  If you cannot make a TCP connection, then you likely have firewall and/or network issues.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(3,765 Views)

Actually McAfee was blocking my connection after all. I tried network stream and TCP/IP and it works like a charm. By the way, thanks for suggesting the TCP/IP protocol , turns out that exactly what I need for my project (TCP Named Service example). 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,742 Views)