LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Camera D-Link DCS 900 Integration

Hello,

I have a D-Link DCS 900 network camera which comes with an Internet Explorer live video feature. It has the ability of using an IP to which you can enter via the Internet or the Ethernet. (see picture below).

Now, My question is this: I would like to get the video from the camera from within Labview in order to have control over its size, flip the image in 90 degrees if neccessary and so on.

Can I do that with this camera ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,874 Views)
Mic_Scale,

I am not quite sure how the interface to your particular camera works, but I am fairly certain that you can pull the feed into LabVIEW. There is actually a related forum post discussing this type of application with your camera. It may be useful to read this thread concerning your application.

Essentially your application will involve an ActiveX object and making calls to the object to retrieve the video. Because you have the camera driver installed on your machine, you will have access to the ActiveX methods and properties. Depending on the various properties and methods, you may be able to manipulate the image however you need. Please take a look at a the linked Developer Zone document for an overview of using ActiveX in LabVIEW.

I hope this information is useful for you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Thanks,

Mike
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,862 Views)