From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NetCF implementation

I am trying to implement a program to send an email over SMTP, however unforunately as the world has gotten more advanced SMTP servers without SSL encryption have gotten much rarer so I was hoping to be anle to use the .Net methodology to complete an SSL connection. While .Net is included natively in LabVIEW this program is to be based on a Windows CE device, which unfortunately does not support .Net, but rather supports .NetCF. Is there a way to include .NetCF as a class that can be handled in LabVIEW similarly to .Net and if so how would I go about implementing this?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,287 Views)

Hi ogk.nz!

Do you have the .NETcF installed on your development computer? Do you know where they are?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,251 Views)

I got my .NetCF from here. I have it all on the development PC but I just can't figure out how to get it to work with LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,246 Views)

Hi, thanks for the up!

So, there is not so much information about using .NETcF on LabVIEW. We cannot even asure you that it would work.

Have you already tried to call the specific .dll that you need from the Framework with LabVIEW? (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DCB90714981A1F148625731E00797C33) 

Did you already tried to load the Framework like this: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvhowto/configuring_clr_version/ ?

Let me know!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,240 Views)

Well the first link appears to be broken, and as for the second one that is reasonably straight forward except for not having any idea about what supported runtime versions should be used in the .config file. Given that I am using .NetCF 3.5 I imagine that it will be something like <supportedRuntime version="v3.5.+++"> but I'm not sure whether that will work given the intrinsic differences between .Net and .NetCF.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,236 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,232 Views)