LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to input a value in a Property Node that doesn't have "Change All to Read" property.

Hi,

I am developing an remote panel application that have 3 vi's.

1 - Login vi => If username and password is OK, then the login vi add the Main vi to access list, and the user can access it.

2 - Main vi => Is the main code

3 - Supervisory Panel => Have a property node (RP.Conn.To.Clients), that searches (with a for loop, number of interations = number of online users), and compares the online users to a condition: if the user is controlling the Main.vi, if yes, I display the user information(IP, Status, Port) on the Supervisory Panel.

My issue is, I need to display also the username(inputed in Login.vi), togheter with IP, Status, Port, that are provided by Rp.Conn.To.Clients.

So i need to know if there's a way to attach the username string with the information provided by RP.Conn.To.Clients, in the same index, because my application will be accessed by many people, and I need to attach several usernames with the information that the property node provides, in the same index.

Any help will be appreciated, im stucked on this for almost a week!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,525 Views)

How does your message relate to your subject line where you are asking about the Change All to Read menu choice on a property node?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,508 Views)

Sorry for the error.

My idea was to input a value togheter with the property node, at the same index. Thats why i picked this title.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,500 Views)

Not sure if this is what you meant, but you can change the read/write for each property on a property node individually.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,489 Views)

Hi

I think we will be able to understand better if you show some code.

Also, I still did not get why you need a Property node that doesn't have "Change All to Read" property (well, I also think that is not the property of a property node. it is an option on the propery node to set the Read/Write setting on the properties selected in the node).

Anyways, a look at the code might help.

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,451 Views)