LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to generate a TTL pulse of 3 ms using USB Daq 6361

Hi all,

I need to generate a TTL pulse of 3 ~ 5 ms to trigger my external device. I am using USB daq 6361 with BNC connectors. I tried to use this examples(attached) but was not succesfull , can any one help me out in this, I just want a TTL pulse out to trigger my device. I tried to modify the example to see the wave form out but all it shows is a straight line. I want to generate a TTL pulse as soon as my program starts.

Am I using wrong example? should I use somethis else to generate the pulse. please let me know.

Thanks,

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,966 Views)

I'd probably use a Resource Module like this after saving the Task in my project:

Capture.PNG

24 milliamps is all you can source out of a single line on the 6361.  you may need additional hardware if your trigger needs more power.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,938 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

I'd probably use a Resource Module like this after saving the Task in my project:

Capture.PNG

24 milliamps is all you can source out of a single line on the 6361.  you may need additional hardware if your trigger needs more power.

Hi Jeff,

Thank you, by creating a task means in MAX , I should create a voltage out task ? I get shi error when I create a task and gives input to the vi.

" Error code : -201025

DAQmx Control Task.vi:3900001<append>
<B>Task Name: </B>MyVoltageOutTask" 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,931 Views)

Why would you create an Task with an analog output?  its a Digital line you want to drive! and, just create it in the project.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,913 Views)

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:

Why would you create an Task with an analog output?  its a Digital line you want to drive! and, just create it in the project.

Hi Jeff,
thanks but I couldnt understand , what you meant by create in project? Can you please explain. should I create digital line but I am still getting the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,863 Views)

@AnkitG wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

Hi Jeff,
thanks but I couldnt understand , what you meant by create in project? Can you please explain. should I create digital line but I am still getting the same error.

Capture2.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Creating DAQmx items in Project Explorer saves the DAQmx object properties as part of the *.lvproj file.  This can be very useful when the Task configuration does not change in the built application and you seldom want to use the task elsewhere.  If you want to make minor tweaks to configuration of the run-time app there is even a human readable text file in the build output where properties like scale offsets, timing rates or ranges can be modified without redeploying a new app.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,824 Views)