cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to collect data every hr

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm fairly new to labVIEW and need help with this particulare VI. It is setup to collect vibration data at noon and at midnight. What I need to be  able to do it alter it so I would be able to collect data every 1hr. And eventaully I want to collect data every 4 hrs. Any help would be appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,264 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jtc31909

I would set something up like this:

Use the Seconds To Date/Time to get a cluster of the time.  We are just needing the Hours, Minutes, and Seconds from the cluster.  For the hours, use the Quotient & Remainder to divide by whatever increment you want.  Add the remainder with the seconds and minutes.  If the sum is 0, then you can start your record.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 7
(3,239 Views)

Thanks! I will give that a try.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,209 Views)

If you don't need to take samples at a particular time, but instead at a particular rate (e.g. every hour, every 4 hours, twice a day), consider putting a Timed Wait inside the sampling loop.  A loop with such a Wait doesn't take any CPU time while it is waiting, so you could (in principle) be doing other things (or, if running on batteries, you will probably lengthen the Recording Time ...).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,187 Views)

Thanks Bob

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,176 Views)

Sorry my response is so late. I implemented the change, and set the increment to 1 to try and collect data every hr, but it doesn't seem to be working. Did I implement it incorrectly? Unfortunately I'm just not that experienced with Labview yet. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,078 Views)

Sorry, It does work. I just had my data file being saved to the wrong location. I was mistakenly thinking it was not recording. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,067 Views)