From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to change text data in excel spreadsheet

Good morning,

I am working on an application where there are many different datatypes being saved to a spreadsheet. Before the data is stored, it is converted to an array of strings and then sent to the spreadsheet. The only issue is that there are the little error exclamation points showing up in excel when looking at the data, and the end user cannot build graphs and other items to view the data. Is there a LabVIEW command that can tell Excel to treat all incoming text data as numeric when storing? I am not using the report gen toolkit, this was something build custom through activeX.

Steven Howell
Controls and Instrumentation Engineer
Jacobs Technologies
NASA Johnson Space Center
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,577 Views)

exclamation points?

Can you post a screen capture?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,563 Views)

nevermind, I figured out what I needed.

Steven Howell
Controls and Instrumentation Engineer
Jacobs Technologies
NASA Johnson Space Center
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,548 Views)

And what was the solution, please? I have now a similar problem, that numeric data is stored as text in Excel...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,325 Views)

Kosist90,

I realize you were posting to this forum in hopes the original author would be helpful. If you are not able to get the answers you need here I would highly recommend creating a new discussion. Newer discussions often get stronger community responses and hopefully someone in the community will be able to assist you with whatever issues you may be having.

Matt P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,295 Views)