cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need information about Real Time memory

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using sbRIO 9633. I log data into the sbRIO's memory (through ftp) as well as on the C drive of my computer (through an executable).

My questions are,

1. When the RAM is flushed (that is, I restart the target), the logged details seen on the sbrio through ftp server does not get flushed. Therefore, when logging through ftp, onto which part of the memory is the data logged? What happens if this memory becomes full? (as the application has to run for years)

2. As the application continuously runs, the available bytes on the real time target decreases continuously (I guess) and eventually the RAM gets full. So, do we have to flush the RAM once in a while?

3. If I dont add the log loop on the RT vi, will the "available bytes" on the RT target decrease? If no, then how?

Hope my questions are clear.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,845 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kdm7

1) The NI sbRIO 9633 has 256MB persistent memory that is used by ftp...should be easy to fill up, so check out the 'out of memory' case

2) The NI sbRIO 9633 has 128MB RAM and you should read the FreePhysMem property when your application is loaded and determine a trigger threshold to know when it's time to release some memory.

3) This can be done by the host(PC), opening a system session (target ip required).

In my case the memory used by the network stream increases over the time and I trigger a reset of the stream to release RAM.

Hope it helps

Christian

Message 2 of 3
(2,830 Views)

Thank you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,715 Views)