From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with this VI

Hello

Tell me plz, how to fix errors
In the LV 7.0 the program is opened normally, but in the LV 2012 have many errors

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,708 Views)

@Morner wrote:

Hello

Tell me plz, how to fix errors
In the LV 7.0 the program is opened normally, but in the LV 2012 have many errors

Thanks

Well... open it in LV 7.0 then!  Seriously, though - what are the errors?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,696 Views)

Errors only in the LV 2012

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,678 Views)

You have a value property node that exists in one image, and is missing in the other.  just to the right of a False case structure, and a bit to the left of the Error List dialog box.

Somehow that got deleted in the one version.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,664 Views)

Well, you might as well start from scratch and rewrite it using a proper programing architecture, not one big loop with a bunch of code fragments and possible race conditions.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,663 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

You have a value property node that exists in one image, and is missing in the other.  just to the right of a False case structure, and a bit to the left of the Error List dialog box.

Somehow that got deleted in the one version.

In LV 8.2 or thereabouts NI rewrote the charts and graphs and in the process we lost the ability to access the cursor legend by right-click create ref >>> Property node.

There is a snow ball's chance in HE@# that if that code is updated to LV 8.2 there may have been migration code.

Otherwise will require a rewrite to work with modern LV.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,657 Views)

I guess that it's because in LV2012 property of control/or control type at all does not exist - thus property node for value of some control/indicator is just dissapeared. I don't have LV 7, so I can't go so deep, but I guess that you could check it by yourself also (I've highlighted that place).property node Value.PNG

Sincerely, kosist90

logos_middle.jpg

Check out new features and changes in LabVIEW 2017!

Upd: I was writing my answer too long 😃

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,656 Views)

@kosist90 wrote:

I guess that it's because in LV2012 property of control/or control type at all does not exist - thus property node for value of some control/indicator is just dissapeared. I don't have LV 7, so I can't go so deep, but I guess that you could check it by yourself also (I've highlighted that place).property node Value.PNG

Sincerely, kosist90

logos_middle.jpg

Check out new features and changes in LabVIEW 2017!

Yes the old graphs got replaced and the access to the cursor legend changed drastically.

See this link.

I have always thought NI did not think any of ever found that approach. WRONG!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,654 Views)