LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in testing multiple DUTs

Hi All,

I need to test 12 components : 7 variable capacitors and 5 inductors, using Agilant 4263 LCR meter

Each component has a serial number that the operator has to enter into test program,

The variable capacitors need to be adjusted, measured and set to specific values (within their respective tolerances as shown in the excel file)

The inductors are fixed (not variable) and need to be measures only.

Each one of these 12 components have their own test jig (some are bigger that the others)

So the operator has to be prompted to change the DUT and jig, one after another, enter serial numbers and then adjust and measure.

The test results of all 12 components should be written and saved to an existing excel template to specific cells and also to a tab delaminated text file

I have attached the excel template and the column highlighted in yellow is where the measurement results should go.

I have created a VI that measures a single capacitor. but it doesn't do what I need to do.

I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks in advance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,474 Views)

Some comments:

• The code you attached to measure a capacitor has lots of sub-VIs (a Good Thing, usually), but they aren't included in the attachment (use a ZIP file to send everything together), so we can't suggest what the problem might be.
  • You attached both a Text file and an Excel file that might represent the same data.  [Oops, my mistake -- I was going to say Excel is not Write to Spreadsheet, but you say that you want both].  I presume you have the Write to Excel code elsewhere ...

Think a bit about how you want the program to "flow", and design it that way.  You might, for example, want to let the User choose which DUT to do next, or you might want to do them in strict order, 1 through 12.  You should probably have a series of Prompts ("Enter Capacitor Serial Number") followed by Verifications ("You entered C314159.  OK?").  Once all the units are loaded, what should the Operator do?  Does the test "stop itself", i.e. does each DUT know when it is finished?

This design "sounds like" a State Machine to me, which implies a Loop + Case Statement for the various States, and some rules for transition between States.  Since you are also getting data from the Front Panel, this might be a good candidate for what I call (for want of a better name) a User Event State Machine, where you include a User Event, "State", and keep most things in the single Event Loop.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,455 Views)

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply.

I have attached the zip file (I have used 4263 driver) for the code

when the component is adjusted and tested, the operator needs to press a button to complete the test for that component and be prompted to connect the next component to LCR meter.

appreciate your help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,448 Views)
Consider using TestStand. It makes what you want to do much simpler.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,427 Views)

I don't have personal experience with TestStand, but Dennis is probably correct -- NI, I think, built TestStand specifically to handle Testing situation such as yours.  Take a look ...

BS

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,423 Views)

Hi,

I don't have Teststand, neither do I have experience with it.

is there any way this can be done in Labview?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,407 Views)
1.Whether the user has to type 12 serial numbers at once or one at a time..

Assume using event based state machine architecture. .

1.User needs to start the test by a button click provided in the front panel..
2. Prompt for serial number and ask user to click ok... now you can measure value and keep in shift register (Data cluster) with respect to serial number

Next prompt user again for changing DUT JIG...and ask serial number entry... and repeat as above

Continue this until you complete all measurement ..

Once it is done prompt the user to "continue or exit".. If the acknowledgement is exit save the cluster data which contains all measurements with serial number as you expect and exit the application...

If the acknowledgement is continue prompt again for dut change and serial number entry..
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,364 Views)
Above method is suitable if the user needs to enter only one serial number at a time
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,361 Views)

Hi,

yes, that is correct.  the user needs to enter only one serial number at a time.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,350 Views)
Whether you got solution how to proceed or you need any suggestion?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,345 Views)