LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need assistance calibrating a NI 9214 module.

Given that I am creating a new task, shouldn't the contents of the buffer be only those samples defined by the finite acquisition?
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,411 Views)

Hello CFER_STS

If the acquisition is finite (sample mode on the DAQmx Timing.vi is set to Finite Samples), NI-DAQmx allocates a buffer equal in size to the value of samples per channel. So, for finite acquisition, the Samples Per Channel determines how many samples are read on each channel.

Regards

Frank R.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,373 Views)

Hi CFER_STS,

I am having the same problem. Did you get it resolved yet?

SKIM2

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,343 Views)
No, I haven't, but then I've been unable to return to it. Perhaps next week. I'm glad to hear that someone else is having this issue. Can you elaborate on your setup / code?
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,329 Views)

So I made the code change to explicitly read the desired number of samples versus the contents of the buffer, but that did not change the behaviour.  If NI has successfully tested a calibration using the Fluke 5700A, I would be very appreciative if you could share the code you used.  I am still reading nonsense resistance values out.  Also, two-wire compensation does not seem to be allowed on the calibrator when using resistances of 100 kOhm or greater, which the calibration procedure does not address.  Interestingly, our in-house calibration lab attempted a calibration of the NI 9214 using NI Calibration Executive, and ran into a similar problem.  Has this combination indeed been tested successfully, and if so, what code / VI was used?

Sean

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,251 Views)

Did you ever get any further assitance with this or figure out the error (I know its 5 months later). I am about to perform the same excercise but if it's not possible to do with the Fluke 5730A then I dont want to waste my time.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,195 Views)
The final word from NI is that calibrating the NI 9214 is not possible with a Fluke 5700A, leaving us with the option of spending several thousand dollars for a redundant and (generally) less capable calibrator, or contracting out calibration services for these modules. Not what I wanted to hear, but there it is.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,181 Views)