LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Labview Models clarification and use

Can someone help explain what each of the 3 typecast models in the attached does and what are the differences between them and how and when each can be used. Appreciate Any response to the question.

Stuart,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,650 Views)

Is this homework?  At any rate, there's only one typecast "model".

Instead of asking us, why don't you just run the examples and observe what happens?  That would explain things a lot better than we could, and then you would be using your own words.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,615 Views)

Something is sending data as several integers (stream of bytes). To get data in correct representation you need to transform them.

1) Converts 4 U8 (or 2 U16 or 1 U32) integers to 1 float (4 bytes). Number of element can change or not.

2) Looks like swapping parts - high then low

3) Data have a fixed format (structure = cluster).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,589 Views)

It depends what you have and what you want as a result (SGL array, SGL scalar, or some cluster). What does the blue (cutoff in image) input wire represent (datatype, array lenght, etc.)? What is the datatype of the orange zero in the middle (SGL, DBL, EXT)? What is the structure of the cluster at the bottom?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,586 Views)

I still say that if the OP had just experimented on his/her own instead of waiting around for answers, the question would either be active, or we would be a lot further along because then we'd have questions like, "I don't understand what I am seeing", instead of, "What is this thing?"

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 5 of 6
(2,555 Views)

I am trying to do a Modbus Register reading but wanted to know what the differences among the three are so that I will know which one to use. Any help explaining what the differences are  is well appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,514 Views)