Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help to Stop System Stop Button on my state machine

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by syrpimp

GerdW wrote:

So you need to check your stop condition in all states and in all loops embedded in those states to allow an emergency exit…

Or, as was already said, check the stop button outside of the case structure.  You can use a sequence structure to make sure the stop button is read after the state case has ran.  Then just use an OR to stop your loop (Stop Button OR State Stop Condition Met).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(892 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi syrpimp,

something like this:

check.png

Depending on conditions I choose the next state. Replace those conditions with your STOP button…

I am sorry, but I don't understand what those T ON boxes are?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(883 Views)

Hi nyc,

TON/TOFF are functions used in PLC programming. I created them for some state machines of mine.

The point of the image is to show how to change state in a state machine depending on conditions…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(880 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi nyc,

TON/TOFF are functions used in PLC programming. I created them for some state machines of mine.

The point of the image is to show how to change state in a state machine depending on conditions…

To be honest, I have a hard time understanding that small graphic.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(870 Views)

Thnaks GerdW, Al izz Well ....:manhappy:

Thank you & Best regards
syrpimp

=======================================================
“You must continue to gain expertise, but avoid thinking like an expert." -Denis Waitley
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(850 Views)
Solution
Accepted by syrpimp

You would be well advised to decouple your user interface from your stae machine by using a Producer Consumer (Events) design pattern.

Then take a trip to Gramma's house and redefine your states.Smiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(845 Views)

Great Help...  Thank you very much Jeff..  I found this info from NI and  yeah you are right I will now shift my code to Producer/Consumer.

Thanks also to 

Thank you & Best regards
syrpimp

=======================================================
“You must continue to gain expertise, but avoid thinking like an expert." -Denis Waitley
Message 17 of 17
(838 Views)